Auto insurance providers know that cost is a top priority for customers.
If you're looking for auto insurance, you know cost is one of the most critical factors. Fortunately, many of the best car insurance companies in the country offer a range of products and services, including discounts that can help you save on your annual premium. With their focus on excellent customer service, top insurance providers work hard to give you the coverage and savings you want.
Insurance Companies With the Most Discounts
When searching for the best insurance rates, look at companies with the most discounts available.
1. American Family Auto Insurance
American Family Auto Insurance provides policies for various vehicles, including classic cars and RVs. Their policies offer popular coverages like roadside emergency assistance, rental reimbursement, gap insurance, and rideshare. The company rewards drivers who remain accident-free for three years with earned accident forgiveness.
American Family also offers a unique usage-based policy option called KnowYourDrive, which tracks your driving habits and enables you to save up to 20% on your policies. Additionally, American Family provides various discounts for drivers of all ages, as reviewed by Nerdwallet.com. Some of the most popular deals include:
- Multi-vehicle for having at least two vehicles on the policy.
- Loyalty for customers who have been with the company for a set number of years
- Early bird for those who get a quote from the American Family just before a new policy with another company starts.
- Multi-product for bundling other policies with your car insurance.
- Steer into Savings for switching to American Family after being with another carrier.
- Auto safety equipment for having newer vehicle safety features.
- Defensive driver for those 55 and older who take a defensive driving course.
- Good driving for having a clean driving record.
- Low mileage for driving less than 7,500 miles per year.
- Good student for young drivers who get good grades.
- Teen safe driver for teens who have maintained safe driving habits.
- Away at school for students who are more than 100 miles away from home at school without their vehicle.
- Young volunteers for drivers under 25 who perform 40 hours of volunteer work per year.
- Generations for those whose parents have been American Family customers.
- Autopay for those who are enrolled in recurring electronic payments.
- Pay in full for paying for the complete policy when you sign up.
- Paperless for utilizing electronic billing and policy documents.
2. Auto-Owners Insurance
Auto-Owners Insurance is a well-known company that offers vehicle insurance. It is known for its excellent add-on coverages, such as roadside assistance, gap coverage, and additional expense coverage. One of its popular products is the Personal Automobile Plus Package, which allows policyholders to choose ten other coverages, from re-keying to cell phone replacement.
Forbes reports that Auto-Owners Insurance also provides diminished value coverage, which guarantees full range for the vehicle's worth, even if the value decreases due to repairs. The company also offers policy owners some of the most popular discounts in the industry.
- Payment history is added once you have made on-time payments for three years.
- I paid in full.
- Advance quote.
- Safety equipment.
- Good student.
- Student away at school.
- Teen driver monitoring uses a permanently installed GPS on your teen's car to monitor driving and reward good habits.
GEICO is a well-known car insurance company that offers complete online policy management systems. Their coverage includes all types of vehicles, including classic cars. GEICO provides sought-after option coverages like emergency roadside assistance and unique discounts such as breakdown insurance.
For those who maintain a clean record, GEICO offers accident forgiveness free of charge. Additionally, it will not increase rates after the first at-fault accident. GEICO offers lower policy rates due to its many available discounts, including:
- Vehicle safety equipment.
- Safe driving.
- Driver's course/training.
- Good student.
- Federal employee, which provides 8% off for both active and retired federal employees.
- Membership and employee gives members of certain clubs and professional organizations discounts.
- Military for active duty and retired military.
USAA is an insurance provider that offers vehicle and other types of insurance to active and retired military members, their spouses, and their dependents, according to Bankrate.com. They offer various types of coverage for their policyholders and even provide aviation insurance for those who travel.
Policyholders can choose accident forgiveness if worried about an at-fault accident raising their rates. However, even if this policy isn't determined, customers will still have this feature after five years of being accident-free.
USAA also provides coverage for rideshare drivers and food delivery. They're one of the least expensive insurance companies in the United States, and policyholders can get even lower rates by taking advantage of one of their many discounts.
- Length of membership.
- Safe driver.
- Defensive driver.
- Driver training.
- Good student.
- New vehicle, which provides a discount if your car is less than three years old.
- Annual mileage.
- Vehicle storage can save you 60% when your vehicle is unused.
- Family discount for those whose parents were USAA members.
- Military installation can provide up to 15% off for those who store their vehicle on base.
- Pay in full.
- Student away from home.
To get the coverage you need at an affordable price, many insurance companies offer various discounts. By exploring different insurance options and making the most of the available discounts, you can find the coverage that suits your needs and budget while ensuring that you are fully protected.